Sunday, February 26, 2012

Random Thoughts and Pictures ...




well its Sunday again , where does the time go I ask myself . I love this time of day its around 6pm and the light is only just fading - Spring is just around the corner - snowdrops have appeared like magic overnight and the little white pearls are dotted in small clumps and great swathes across the fields and then you turn another corner and the vivid yellows and purples announce that the crocuses are ready to show their colours to the lengthening days , which means soon the blossom of the cherry will be ready to show off every hue imaginable of dusty pink to deep rose.

I took a walk and picked catkins and a few daffodils to bring a little of the approaching spring indoors to savour and then sitting watching the night draw in the moon came out and so I tried to capture the picture - the sight made me think of a song " Wishing on a Star" I first heard it by Rose Royce and then Paul Weller did a cover which I love
"I'm wishing on a star , To follow where you are , I'm wishing on a dream , To follow where you'll be ...........

1 comment:

  1. Snowdrops and catkins ...how lovely

    Gosh and Rose Royce that's a blast from the past !
    Love you ! :0)

    ReplyDelete